Who is Ernie?


The new guy at work is wearing a red and blue striped shirt, shorts, and sneakers. With his messy black hair and that goofy smile on his facem he is a dead ringer for Ernie from Sesame Street. Seriously, if you saw a photo of Ernie and then saw this guy in real life you'd swear he is Ernie!

His Moving Necktie

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 Ernie was wearing a necktie when I came into work today. His white shirt sleeves are rolled up and he appears ready for business.

JAKE: "Looking sharp."

ERNIE: "Thanks, man. I have a job interview today."

JAKE: "Really? But what about the blog?"

ERNIE: "I don't think they'll hire me. But if they do, I'll make sure to call you all the time with funny stories."

I thought about it and replied, "OK."

I've been out all week so I haven't had the chance to observe Ernie at work. I sold my house and moved 12 miles southeast to Sandy, Utah - a suburb of Salt Lake City. Ernie helped me load some heavy furniture into the moving van last Friday. It was the first time I had the chance to meet his wife, Mrs. Ernie. She is pretty. Ernie tells me they've known each other since they were 15.

JAKE: "High School sweethearts?"

ERNIE: "Not really. She had a crush on me in high school, but I hated her guts when we first met."

JAKE: "What about now?"

ERNIE: (Smiling.) "Now I love her,"

Life's unfolding mysteries.

I tell Ernie he is lucky to have a girl like that in his life. She doesn't think he resembles 'Ernie from Sesame Street' at all, but everyone else does. In fact, when we were all standing together in my girlfriend's mom's hallway, I said to her, "You've read my Ernie blog, haven't you?"

MY GIRLFRIEND'S MOM: "I've read some of them, yes."

JAKE: "Well," (Moving my hands in a swooping motion towards Ernie) "There he is."

Chris's mom looks at Ernie and burst out loud with laughter.

MY GIRLFRIEND'S MOM: "Yes! Oh my God. It really is Ernie! I see it. I see it. Woo-hoo-hoo!" (Holding herself against the wall to keep from falling over with glee.)

For awhile, I fear she might roll on the floor. She finds it hilarious! It makes all of us chuckle, including Ernie. His wife merely smirks and plants a sweet sexy kiss on Ernie's lips. I feel a little funny watching it.

There were lots of giggle moments, as previously mentioned regarding a sectional couch. This time I giggle so hard I snort which causes Ernie to laugh uncontrollably.

ERNIE: "Dude, you're snorting like a girl!"

Maybe I am, but it is a well-needed break after a day full of heavy lifting, packing, unpacking, and driving.

I sure hope Ernie doesn't get that job.

No comments: