Who is Ernie?


The new guy at work is wearing a red and blue striped shirt, shorts, and sneakers. With his messy black hair and that goofy smile on his facem he is a dead ringer for Ernie from Sesame Street. Seriously, if you saw a photo of Ernie and then saw this guy in real life you'd swear he is Ernie!

Home Clips

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ernie is wearing his yellow, blue and red striped shirt today. Classic! The resemblance to the real deal is spooky.

I ask him what he thinks about the traveling Ernie over at http://myerniephotoblog.blogspot.com/

ERNIE: “It’s pretty sick, dude.”

Whatever that means.

Ernie and his wife are talking about buying a Town Home near the community college. Right now they live in the basement of Ernie’s father’s business office. (His father sells insurance.) I ask if Ernie has to clean up the place after hours. Wipe the windows, empty the trash bins, change the toilet paper, etc. Ernie says he’s not the janitor, but he is looking for a more personal residence.

He wants to live on the top floor of a massive skyscraper overlooking a crowded metropolis. Ernie tells me he wants the entire floor to himself so he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. I wonder what his wife thinks.

JAKE: “You’d be like Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight movie.”

ERNIE: “Yeah! I’d go out to the edge of the building in a cape and jump off.” (Pausing with a goofy smile on his face.) “Can you imagine the Ernie Muppet dressed as Batman?”

I look Ernie straight in the eye and say, “Yes.”

I ask Ernie for a little more information about becoming an economist. He mentions one of his investment classes where he uses a computer program that allows him to “pretend” to invest in stocks, just to see how his investments play out. So far, Ernie has lost $41,000 dollars. I hope his teacher likes Banana Cream Pies.

Just for fun, I asked a co-worker who she thinks would win in a fight between Bert and Ernie. Her answer: “Ben.”

Who’s Ben?

I think she meant Bert, but I’m not certain. She says, “That yellow guy is always bitch-slapping Ernie around. ‘Ernie, where’s my paperclips?!’”

Good ol’ Ben.


No comments: